Welcome to my Blog
I am Velda Wilson, Certified Energy Therapist, Certified Gemstone Therapist, and Reiki Master.
Balanced Women’s Blog is dedicated to women wanting to become more self-aware in their personal healing journey.
Balanced Women’s Blog promotes harmony and balance within, relieving stress and supporting the body’s natural ability to heal.
The purpose of Balanced Women’s Blog is to encourage women to empower themselves and trust their self-healing abilities. It has been said ‘Every woman is a healer.’
Check out Balanced Women’s Blog for helpful suggestions to keep your body, mind, and spirit balanced and in perfect harmony.
— Feature Post —
Mindfulness at Work – HAND ON HEART
There is a magazine called Mindful, with a special edition called Your Guide To Difficult Emotions. There are suggestions on how to navigate anxiety, fear, anger, sadness, shame, and build resilience in this unique issue. It will be on display until July 8, 2019. If you are interested, I recommend picking up this magazine.
The following HAND ON HEART exercise is featured in the Resilience Chapter:
This practice can help you respond skillfully to distressing events. You will be able to do it quickly, many times a day if need be, to bring a calming awareness to your experiences. This is a simple practice to teach a child.
Simply stop, pause, and …
1. Place your hand over your heart so that you feel the warm touch of your hand on your chest.
2. Begin to breathe more slowly, more gently, more deeply, into your heart center.
3. Recall a moment, just one moment, when you felt safe, loved, and cherished by another human being. Just remember one moment not the entire relationship. (With practice, evoking this memory can happen instantly.) This could be a moment with a spouse, a parent, a child. It could be a moment with a friend, a therapist, a teacher, or even a beloved pet.
4. As you remember, let its warmth wash through your body; savor this feeling for 30 seconds.
5. When you are ready, reflect on any shift you felt in your body from this practice. A shift happens when we intentionally choose to focus our awareness on the experience of compassion, gratitude, warmth, and other feelings that put us in touch with our natural resilience.
Join me in making May HANDS ON HEART Month!