Join me in participating in a simple exercise that feels like giving yourself a wonderful scalp massage. Donna Eden introduced the Crown Pull exercise in her books Energy Medicine and Energy Medicine For Women. She explains, “that energy can become stagnant in the brain and skull if it doesn’t release and move out through the Crown Chakra. The Crown Chakra Exercise clears the cobwebs from your mind and brings a calm to your nervous system, releasing mental congestion, refreshing your mind, and opening you to higher inspiration.”
1. Start with your thumbs on your temples, fingertips resting at the middle of your forehead, breathe deeply through your nose and out through your mouth.
2. Apply pressure and slowly pull your fingers apart stretching the skin across the width of the forehead. Continue to inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth and repeat several times.
3. Place fingertips at hairline and repeat stretch pulling from the center of head down.
4. Repeat this stretching exercise working across the top, center and back of head. (see picture – massaging the frontal lobe, parietal lobe, occipital lobe and the cerebellum lobe at the back of your neck.)
5. Move down to the shoulders and push your fingers in and hold. When ready release.