Grounding exercises are designed to help you focus your attention on the present moment by reconnecting your body energy with the energy of Mother Earth.
Your Root Chakra will love the following Deep Roots Grounding Exercise:
1. Remove your shoes and socks. Stand up, or sit straight up in a chair with both feet flat on the ground. Close your eyes. Breath in through your nose and out through your mouth.
2. Imagine that you are a mighty oak tree. Visualize from the waist line down are your roots. Once your roots are at least six feet into the Earth, picture the energy of the Earth like bits of diamond dust sparkling all around. Imagine this diamond dust being absorbed into your roots and rising slowly up your roots and into your trunk.
3. Stretch your arms up and out above your head just like the branches of your mighty oak tree. See the diamond dust continue to rise and energize every branch and leaf of your tree.
4. Tilt your head back so that your face is warmed by the sun, and smile. Take 3 deep breaths while standing with your head tilted back and your arms outstretched, each time visualizing more and more diamond dust energizing you.
5. Slowly return your head to an upright position and bring your arms down with your hands coming together in prayer position over you heart. Give thanks in whatever way you feel is appropriate.
It might feel difficult at first to grow your roots deeply. Repeat the exercise daily and with practice, you will feel more connected with Mother Earth Energy. Good luck, and enjoy!