Thanks to Steven D. Farmer, Ph.D, in his book Animal Spirit Guides, the fox is covered as follows:
If FOX shows up, it means:
• Trust your intuition, and be wary of someone you’re involved with who is attempting to trick you in some way.
• Your intelligence and ingenuity are more useful now than confrontation and righteousness.
• It is important to break out of your social conditioning and express yourself more freely.
• Trust your senses to guide you.
—If ARTIC FOX:
• Don’t let the negative things affect you adversely.
• Plan for the future by storing up some of your supplies.
• Welcome the changes of season with the behavior and attitude appropriate to that season.
—If GRAY FOX:
• Right now it’s best to keep to yourself and not stand out.
—If KIT FOX:
• Speak your truth directly, without explanation or qualification.
• Constancy, courage, and integrity are important for you to display right now.
—If RED FOX:
• It is important to be flexible and adaptable, using the resources you have available.
Call on FOX when:
• You are faced with seemingly insurmountable problem. You are being scrutinized or observed in some way that’s uncomfortable.
• You find yourself in a situation that requires quick thinking and action. What is called for is tact and wisdom.
If FOX is your POWER ANIMAL:
• You’re a night person and often are most productive and creative at night while other sleeps.
• You are a keen observer, an excellent parent or parental figure – very nurturing, protective, and conscientious.
• You sometimes surprise everyone by coming up with obscure yet creative solutions to problems.