Energetic cords are similar to having a fiber optic cord between ourselves and others. Through these cords or connections, energetic information can be shared, or energy can be drawn by one person or the other. Healthy cords share nurturing information and energy. Unhealthy cords can be a huge drain or a means of control and often outlive their usefulness. We have a choice about continuing to stay attached by unhealthy cords. When we give power away to other people because our relationship with self is dysfunctional, we actually allow cords of energy to tie us to those people. You can cut the cords, but unless you resolve the underlying reason why your corded in the first place, the unhealthy cord will come back.
Following are steps to a gentle alternative way of releasing an unhealthy cord:
1. Start with stating the name of the person attached to the energetic cord and ask to be forgiven for all the wrong doings and hurt that you may have committed towards this person knowingly and unknowingly. Then state that you forgive this person for all the wrong doings and hurt that they have committed towards you knowingly and unknowingly.
2. Imagine a circle made from a fine woven silk cord that is in a beautiful natural setting. Visualize sitting in the center of the circle and feeling protected. You are being surrounded with a high frequency pure light.
3. Now visualize the person you want to release sitting in another circle made of cord. Look at this person from your circle and wave good bye! You are gently and peacefully allowing this person their space while affirming your own. Imagine that instead of cutting the cord, it remains whole, disentangled and detached. Once more with love and compassion, say good bye.
The cord is released, with gratitude, move on with your life!
The affirmation exercises illustrated below are used in Sahaja Yoga to bring attention inside and above your head where meditation occurs. They awaken your inner energy and are helpful prior to meditating. Here are the simple directions for Inner Energy Affirmations:
1. Make your self comfortable before starting. Take a few deep breaths and relax. 2. Use your right hand and place on the left side of your body as shown in each illustration. 3. Keep your attention on the right hand, while you say each affirmation. In that way your attention will also rise as your hand does. 4. Repeat each one a few times silently inside with sincerity. Using these exact words is not as important as the meaning. Say what feels right to you. ENJOY!
Here’s a list of tips compiled from numerous sources and based on experiences of living through some very hot summers such as Chicago, South Dakota, or Albuquerque. I am writing this for my dear friends here in Seattle because we do not get this kind of heat often.
1. Slow down. When you are outside or in a place that is not air conditioned, face reality, move slowly and put your brain in low gear. Tip: If you need relief from your hot house, go to an air-conditioned library, movie theater, or if your city has one, a designated cooling center.
2. Always be hydrating. Drink ice water, cold juice, non-caffeinated ice tea. Have it with you at all times. This is especially important if you live somewhere that is both hot and humid. Tip: Always keep a bottle of water in the freezer.
3. Shut out the sunlight. Even if your apartment or office is air conditioned, shut the blinds. Sunlight equals heat. Inside wear shorts, baggy T-Shirt, flip-flops. Forget the underwear and socks. When you are outside wear loose, long-sleeved clothes (shirts, pants, skirts) of light material. Tip: Keeping the sun off your skin provides more surface area for sweating, and so is actually cooler. Wear a cap or straw hat.
4. Crank up the fans. If you don’t have air conditioning and even if you do, promote air circulation throughout your house or office with fans. Start them up early in the day before it gets hot. Use a hand fan. Take one with you when you go outside, it can be a lifesaver. Eat high water content foods, such as watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, cucumbers, and tomatoes. Tip: Eating these fresh fruits and vegetables in abundance will help keep you hydrated.
5. Utilize the cooling power of water. If you are feeling like your body is getting too hot, cool it down by taking a long, cool shower or bath. Soak your feet in a bucket or pan of ice water. Utilize towels and bandanas soaked in cold, cold water. Apply an ice pack to various parts of your body. Use a water-filled spray bottle that you have placed in a refrigerator until it is ice cold (nearly frozen is best). When you are outside, mist yourself with refreshing spritzes of chilled water. Tip: Create a “rice-sock” ice pack. Grab an old sock, stuff it full of rice and put it into the freezer for a few hours. Stay cool at night by placing it under the covers with you. Rice retains the cold for long periods of time.
6. Remember your pets safety. Too much sun and heat (and humidity!) can be dangerous to pets. Keep them inside when it’s extremely hot/humid; make sure they have access to shady spots and plenty of water when outdoors; don’t leave them outside for extended periods in hot weather. Tip: Consider your pets this 4th of July weekend. Loud fireworks, unfamiliar places and crowds can all be very frightening to pets, and there’s great risk of pets becoming spooked and running away.
Are you making enough time for fun in your life? If not, PLEASE, grab a bottle of bubbles. Your inner child is ready to play!
Adult play is a time to forget about work and commitments, and to be social in an unstructured, creative way. The focus of play is on the actual experience, and reconnecting with your Inner Child.
Inner Child play can also stimulate your imagination, and can actually improve your ability to solve problems.
Playing chess, completing puzzles, or pursuing other fun activities that challenge the brain can help prevent memory problems and improve brain function. This is great social interaction with your inner child can also help ward off stress and depression.
In the words of George Bernard Shaw, “We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” Playing can boost your energy and vitality and even improve your resistance to disease, helping you feel your best. Most importantly, you and your inner child will love the play time together.
Chanting benefits every aspect of life, including physical issues, emotional imbalances, mental imbalances, spiritual blockages, relationship challenges, financial challenges, and more. Chanting mantras works because they carry soul frequency and vibration with love, forgiveness, compassion, and light. Chanting is Sound Power. You become what you chant.
There are two ways to chant: silently and aloud. Silently vibrates the smaller cells and spaces in the body; it is yin chanting. Aloud vibrates the bigger cells and spaces: it is yang chanting. Both ways are correct. You may choose to do one or the other or both. Always chant silently when lying down so as not to drain your qi (energy).
You might enjoy practicing the following Divine Soul Song, Love, Peace, and Harmony, given to Master Sha on September 10, 2005. Each line of this chant is a treasure to transform not only our souls, hearts, minds, and bodies, but to create love, peace, and harmony for humanity.
Relax. Sit straight but comfortably. Open your heart and soul. Now chant, your choice silently or aloud:
I love my heart and soul
I love all humanity
Join hearts and souls together
Love, peace and harmony
Love, peace and harmony
(Repeat as often as you want throughout the day)
In Donna Eden’s book, Energy Medicine, she teaches her method of sedating the Triple Warmer by running the meridian energy backwards. This helps relax and reduce stress. To sedate the Triple Warmer follow the illustration:
1. Use fingers of your opposite hand to touch the outside edge of your eyebrow (furthest from your nose); trace with your fingers back over and around the ear; down the back of your neck, across the back of your shoulder; down the outside of your arm to the back of your hand; and finish by touching the fourth ‘ring’ finger at the base of the nail.
2. Repeat at least three times on each side of your body. Continue tracing the Triple Warmer backwards as needed to help you relax and relieve stress.