I am dedicating this blog to a dear friend after having a conversation about how many of us have negative feelings about rats. (I promise only photos of pet rats will be featured in today’s blog). Lets look at the positive symbolic meanings of the Rat Animal Spirit Guide. Chinese see the rat as a symbol of industry, and in fact is one of the animals on the Chinese Zodiac. If Rat has scurried across your path you are being asked to assert yourself in new areas that you have not yet explored.
The following is information on the Rat found in Steven D. Farmer, PhD’s book, Animal Spirit Guides:
If RAT show up, it means:
• A project or investment is about to pay off. You Have plenty available to you at all times in spite of any thoughts or fears that this isn’t so.
• This is a good time to exercise caution, and to the best of your ability anticipate what lies ahead.
• Take an inventory of the material goods you have and recycle or throw out what is no longer purposeful.
Call on RAT when:
• You’re involved with a venture that you want to succeed at, yet you are feeling some uncertainty about this happening.
• You are feeling insecure about having enough supplies, making you want to acquire more and more even though you realistically don’t need that much. However, you have decided to do some major housecleaning and get rid of unnecessary baggage.
• You are involved in dealing with someone who is very sharp and want to protect yourself by being just as clever and shrewd.
If RAT is your POWER ANIMAL:
• You tend to hoard your belongings because they help you feel more secure.
• You adapt very well to your surroundings and your environment. You are easy going and happy.
• You are a social animal as well as disarmingly honest and frank.
• You enjoy the feeling of being successful whenever you have achieved something, and you use your cleverness and cunning to succeed.