Independence (noun): the state or quality of being independent; freedom from the influence, control, or determination of others. Independence is confident self-reliance. One of my favorite pastimes is watching eagles soaring gracefully. It looks like freedom of independence.
Independence for all women looks like this:
1. We have the courage to see reality with our own eyes and not through the eyes of others.
2. We dare to be our true selves and make decisions without undue influence from others.
3. We responsibly care for ourselves.
4. We bring ourselves fully to a relationship yet honor the boundaries that protect each other’s dignity. We enjoy intimacy without enmeshment.
5. We do not depend on others to define our value.