We all need to relax, meditate, or exercise to balance our chakras, but it seems impossible to find the time. However, most of us generally have to spend time at the kitchen sink doing dishes. We can take this boring sometimes tedious chore and turn it into a visual balancing chakra exercise. Don’t worry if you don’t complete all the chakras. There are always other chores to do that might call for continuing this exercise for distraction. Please take your time, enjoy, and feel free to print this out if you need a reminder of locations and colors of the chakras.
1. Root Chakra: As you pick up the first dish, picture in your mind’s eye visualize and feel the vibrant red energy at the base of your spine. Stay with this color until you feel you’ve had enough.
2. Move to the Sacral Chakra about 2 inches below the navel and visualize a brilliant orange energy and as you are rinsing off dishes soak up this color until you feel you’ve had enough.
3. You are now at the Solar Plexus, visualize a field of lovely yellow flowers bathing in the sun as you feel the warmth of the dish water. Soak up this energy until you feel you’ve had enough.
4. Move up to the Heart Chakra. Visualize all the luscious greens in nature and soak up the healing green energy. Stay with this color until you feel you’ve had enough.
5. Now you are at the Throat Chakra. Visualize and bathe your hands in the glorious blue energy while continuing your dishes until you feel you have had enough.
6. Move to Brow Chakra visualize a beautiful flower opening up it’s petals revealing wonderful indigo energy. Stay with this color until you feel you’ve had enough.
7. Move to Crown Chakra visualize this wonderful violet energy flowing into and balancing this chakra.