It was important for me to revisit the Elk Animal Spirit Guide. The last two months, due to flooding in our home, there has not been any posts written other than the monthly feature posts. However, I have been responsible for finding professionals dealing with water damage, asbestos removal, trenching inside our basement floors, drywall/painting, and the replacement of flooring. As most women know, sometimes we need to wear different hats. When receiving the photo and lovely quote (shown above) from a dear friend, I re-read the Elk Spirit Guide. Its message spoke to me and I chose to share it once again. I also wanted to thank all the women in my life and REMIND ALL TO BE IN AWARENESS FOR MESSAGES BEING SENT!
(First published on Sept. 3, 2015)
Do we pick our animal guides and totems or do they pick us? The wise ones tell us that we do not choose our spirit guides. They choose us and they decide when they will reveal themselves. Many times they will appear in a dream, meditation, or a retrieval. We can be completely surprised with what spirit guide might show up, but always their message or lesson speaks to us. Recently while teaching a chakra animal totem workshop, two lovely women received the Elk. At first both were a little confused, since neither were wilderness outdoor women, until they studied the following:
Elk Animal Spirit Guide (from Animal Spirit Guides by Steven D. Farmer, Ph.D.)
If ELK shows up, it means:
1. Seek out same gender company & friendship.
2. Eat vegetarian for a few days and note the difference in how you feel. Pace yourself and eat energy foods so that you can maintain your stamina.
3. Your inner child requires considerable nurturing and protection right now.
Call on ELK when:
1. You feel someone has treated you disrespectfully.
2. You’re involved in a project that requires considerable stamina and durability to see it through to completion.
3. You need extra strength to handle an inordinate number of demands for your time and energy.
If ELK is your POWER ANIMAL:
1. You’re fiercely independent and prefer to rely on your own strength rather than seek help from anyone.
2. Even though you value your independence, you also value being part of a group.
3. Your prefer the companionship of people of your same gender (whether straight or gay).
4. You’re a very determined individual and can stick with any project to its completion.