There is much to be said about the Hippopotamus. During the day Hippopotamus lolls about in a river or watering hole. She spends her nights on land, foraging for food. Water is the element of feelings and intuitive knowing and earth is the element of grounded practicality and stability. Hippo is at home in both realms. Hippopotamus medicine is invoked by those who wish to be in touch with their intuition, feelings and psychic abilities while staying grounded, practical and stable. The following is more about this wonderful creature:
Hippopotamus Wisdom Includes…
Proper use of aggression.
Ability to move gracefully through emotions.
Mother-fury when necessary.
Birth of new ideas.
Protection of family.
Hippopotamus shows up as a spirit guide when…
- You notice a strong energy that surrounds you.
- There is a period of activity that will happen soon.
- There is need for you to learn the virtues to stop and relax.
- There is need for you to learn to be aggressive when needed.
- You need parenting guidance or help.
Call on a Hippopotamus as a spirit guide when…
- You are entering a period of intense self-examination and spiritual exploration.
- The relationship that you have is becoming stale and you need an inner spark.
- It is important to make friends with others.
- You need to emerge and get yourself grounded.
If Hippopotamus is your Power Animal…
Your higher sensibilities will be awakened, activating lucid dreaming and spirit contact. You will be shown how to be adept in these. Learning to control powerful creative energies is the lesson taught you by the Hippo.