Ganesha Mudra strengthens the heart by opening the bronchial tubes, improving blood circulation and by opening the heart chakra. It is named after the beloved Hindu God Ganesha – one who removes the obstacles from your life. This is a powerful mudra for bringing heat and brightness to the heart. It strongly invigorates the chest cavity, your heart beats faster, warmth envelops the heart center and creates a rush of mighty energy. If you are living in a state of depression and in the absence of trust and openness, please practice it regularly. It will improve the love, compassion, courage and openness around you.
Practicing Ganesha Mudra
- Hold your left hand in front of your chest with the palm facing outward. (Thumb toward the naval and pinky toward your collar bone).
- Now grasp the left hand with the right hand, with the back of the right hand facing outward.
- Leave the hands at the level of your heart.
- Take a few moments and inhale fully.
- Exhale vigorously, while forcefully pulling the hands apart without releasing the grip.
- With your inhale, let go of all the tension.
- Repeat 6 times.
- Then gently place your hands on your heart chakra. Focus on the energy you are feeling.
- Continue by interchanging hand positions, with your right palm facing outwards and the left palm facing inwards and repeat the steps above 6 times.
- Release all tension from the arms and again place your hands over the heart chakra. Sit in this position for as long as your like and focus on your breath.
- Feel free to finish with repeating the following affirmation or create your own. Affirmations are powerful, so consider repeating throughout the day!