I am sure most of us have experienced that nagging tightness and discomfort at the top of either or both sides of our back. These spots are near the spine and beginning of shoulder blade caused by energy blocks. Jin Shin Jyutsu®, (The Touch of Healing, by Alice Burmeister with Tom Monte) refers to these points as SEL #11, which stands for Safety Energy Locks. You can practice this simple exercise using Jin Shin Jyutsu® to reduce fatigue, tension, and stress. It is called Harmonizing The Mediator Flows. This practice helps bring harmony and balance to your body. Many find it calming and use it to fall asleep, while others use it to invigorate themselves upon awakening. For optimum results, you can use this daily, whenever needed for a couple of minutes on each side. If you spend a great deal of time at the computer, it is a No-brainer….try it!
Harmonizing the Mediator Flows
For Left Side Energy (Refer to Illustration at top of page-Left Side of Back)
1. Place left thumb over left ring fingernail. Make a circle with the pad of thumb over ring fingernail. (This helps to clear the chest).
2. Place right hand over left shoulder which connects with SEL #11. (This revitalizes the ascending energy.)
3. Bring the knees together so that the inner sides touch (SEL#1). The feet may be together or apart, whichever is comfortable. (This revitalizes the descending energy).
For Right Side Energy (Refer to Illustration at top of page-Right Side of Back)
1. Place right thumb over right ring fingernail. Make a circle with the pad of thumb over ring fingernail. (This helps to clear the chest).
2. Place left hand over right shoulder which connects with SEL #11. (This revitalizes the ascending energy.)