The Solar Plexus is the center of personal identity. It has to do with self-definition and confidence. The Positive Archetype is the Warrior. Warriors have the inner strength and resilience to see their dreams materialize. The Negative Archetype is the Servant. Servants work hard for others’ acknowledgement. They sabotage themselves by giving their power to others.
Location: Directly below the sternum—two inches above the navel.
Function: This energy center houses willpower and self-esteem. Solar Plexus Chakra rules all aspects of our personality and ego. Ultimately it helps us choose what and who are for our highest good.
Physical Body Energy: Pancreas filters energy into our vital organs so that they can break down nutrients for digestion on the physical level with food and on the mental level with ideas.
Emotional Body Energy: Self-worth, confidence, and power. These emotions help us take a stand four ourselves. If we are comfortable with our power, we will act confidently and exercise freedom of choice in most matters.
Mental Body Energy: Attitudes of being well with ourselves, knowing our worth, and linking into personal power.
Working Through Solar Plexus Chakra Negativity (based on Ambika Wauters’ book, The Book of Chakras)
1. Develop a sense of your own person.
2. Know that who you are is always the same, even in a variety of circumstances.
3. Create your own sense of personality that lets others know who you are.
4. Following the crowd may be safe but it will always be limiting and stultifying.
5. Spend time alone with yourself. Learn to cultivate your own friendship.
6. Ask yourself if you are worthy of the life you say you want.
7. Discover your talents and gifts.
8. Try new things. Experience of self develops from placing yourself in opportunity situations.
9. Travel and exploration help define you in the face of adversity and challenge.
10. Learn to recognize character and integrity in yourself and others.
Next Resolving Heart Chakra Negativity