Chakras have a positive and negative archetype. This week we will look at suggestions for resolving negativity of each of our seven major chakras. Today we start with the Root Chakra—Positive Archetype is The Mother: Nurturing, self-sufficient, responsible. Negative Archetype is The Victim: Lacking energy, empowerment, and life force.
Location: In perineum at the base of the spine, and draws energy from the magnetic field at the earth’s core. The energy moves up through the feet and legs, energizing blood and tissues in the body.
Function: Stimulates aggressive drives linked to survival. The Root Chakra holds our genetic inheritance. In its unconscious state, the Root Chakra carries the attitudes and prejudices formed by family, church, and culture.
Physical Body Energy: Adrenals activate the kidneys’ fight-or-flight function.
Emotional Body Energy: Aggression, anger, violence, and jealousy.
Mental Body Energy: Attitudes of Separation, exclusivity, territory, belonging, and right to one’s own space.
Working Through Root Chakra Negativity (based on Ambika Wauters’ book, The Book of Chakras)
1. Cultivate patience. When things do not go as planned, you will not lose energy by being angry or frustrated.
2. Allow time for things to come around in a positive way. If you do not succeed in the beginning of a project, rethink it and let things develop. This would be an excellent time to use a Positive Affirmation to Persevere!
3. Do what is necessary to remain stable through change. Develop Meditation Skills and ways to slow down the mind. Learn to live with change. Be flexible and adaptable.
4. Be secure in yourself and know that everything will be all right eventually. Trust in life to see you through the difficult moments. Do not despair when things do not go well. Breathe, give yourself time to reflect on what is essential and important. Make a plan to see your dreams unfold. Life without a dream is dull.
5. Be Grateful for the life you have and work to bring as much order into your life as possible. When things do go astray, you have more reserves to fall back on.
6. Enjoy your Root Chakra’s Balanced Energy being grounded, centered, healthy, and loving yourself!