The Sacral Chakra has to do with life, vitality, self-gratification, and passion. Sacral’s Positive Archetype is The Emperor/Empress: A person who enjoys pleasure, abundance, and enjoyment. Negative Archetype is The Martyr: Martyrs deprive themselves of the simple physical pleasures of life. They are critical, sour, and condemning.
Location: Two inches below the navel.
Function: The Sacral Chakra’s function is contingent upon the degree we care for and value our own being. If we feel deserving of good things around us, this chakra opens to receive pleasure and abundance. If we doubt our right to receive pleasure, this chakra becomes depleted. It also controls the appetite, and its lesson revolves around knowing what is enough.
Physical Body Energy: The reproductive organs, which control sexual development.
Emotional Body Energy: Pleasure, feeling good, deservedness, joy, or feeling bad, envious, and not caring for your body.
Mental Body Energy: Attitudes of having enough, knowing that you deserve the life you want, enjoyment/well-being, delighting in good health, and distain for suffering.
1. Honor the physical body by giving it enough food, water, rest, and exercise.
2. Respect the limits of the physical body. Do not become trapped in obsessive acts of exertion and pushing the body beyond its natural limits.
3. Accept your need for pleasure. Create enough good experiences to replenish the spirit as well as the body.
4. Acknowledge the powerful force of human sexuality. Know what one’s values are regarding it.
5. Respect the physical world by keeping order, cleanliness, and beauty around your home, office, and places of recreation.
6. Reflect upon physical energy you put into earning money and the ways that you make financial decisions.
7. Know that you have appetites and needs. Give them a place in your experience.
8. Treat yourself to the joys of life. Know that you deserve what you say you want.
Next Working Through Solar Plexus Negativity