Rainbow Healing Visualization Technique:
1. Sit in a comfortable chair. You will only need to practice this visualization technique for 3 to 5 minutes in the beginning. Once you are comfortable with the technique and know which color you need, you can individualize the color and work with only one at a time.
2. Breathe deeply and evenly, feeling the cleansing power of oxygen permeating your body’s cells as you inhale, and the release of carbon dioxide waste as you exhale. Conscious, deep breathing cleanses the blood and cells of the body.
3. Visualize the Crown Chakra (at the top of your head) and begin to imagine it opening as though it were the lens of a camera. Ask the Universe for all the color rays of rainbow energy to flow down through this chakra. These rainbow colors are the red, orange, yellow, green, rose, blue, indigo, violet, silver, gold, white, and black rays. There is also ultra-red and ultra-violet. State your intent for healing, then invite the colors to flow from the Universe and go to where each color is needed.
4. Visualize them entering your bloodstream through the arteries and the cells of your entire body. This only takes a few moments to move throughout your body.
5. If you have a specific problem you wish to work on, ask for the colors to infuse that particular area of the body. The body listens to every thought you think, so just by stating what you want, it will happen. This thought/body connection is very important to know, because your every negative thought makes negative things occur, and every positive thought you have, takes the body to higher levels of consciousness.
6. When completing this exercise, you will feel more balanced. Remember to drink plenty of water and continue practicing color healing visualization.
FYI: Today it is widely accepted that healing with color addresses the five functions of the human body – physical, metabolic, emotional, mental and spiritual. Watch for more on the powers of color therapy in the future.