This is a meditation which is shared in Pragito Dove’s book Laughter, Tears, Silence. The meditation is done in four stages of fifteen minutes each. If this sounds like something you want to try, please set aside an hour and complete all four stages.
STAGE ONE: SHAKE IT (FIFTEEN MINUTES)
1. Standing comfortably, with eyes closed, just let your whole body shake, feeling the energies moving up from your feet.
2. Let go. Feel yourself become the shaking.
3. Shaking is the warm-up process. Try not to force the shaking, just allow it to happen.
4. The best time to do this is at the end of the day.
5. This is a great way to shake off all built up tensions, leaving you refreshed to enjoy your evening.
STAGE TWO: DANCE (FIFTEEN MINUTES)
2. Let your body move any way it wishes.
3. The body is getting in tune “with itself” so when you sit the tensions are dissolved.
4. At the end of the fifteen minutes of dancing the space for meditation begins to descend on you.
STAGE THREE: BECOMING STILL (FIFTEEN MINUTES)
1. Now either sitting or standing, be still.
2. Relax deeply within yourself.
3. Be aware of your breathing and witness any thoughts or emotions, with no judgment.
4. Don’t cling or reject, simply accept what is.
5. Allow the silence of meditation to be with you.
STAGE FOUR: LIE DOWN AND BE STILL (FIFTEEN MINUTES)