To American Indians, the wolf is said to be “teacher medicine”. Wolf has much to teach us, if only we will listen. Wolf spirit teaches us to have balance between our personal needs and those of the family and community. They are committed and loyal to the pack and find their place within the group. The following information can be found in my favorite reference book, Animal Spirit Guides, by Steven D. Farmer, Ph.D.
If WOLF shows up, it means:
• Valuable insights, ideas, and new teachings are coming your way so pay close attention.
• Make cooperation a priority over competition.
• Maintain your self-esteem, integrity and deeply trust your inner knowing.
Call on WOLF when:
• You’re confused about your life path and purpose.
• You have been feeling a little too civilized and want to tap in to the wild and instinctual.
• You want to be more expressive in your communication.
If WOLF is your POWER ANIMAL:
• You are a natural-born teacher, imparting knowledge based on experience.
• You are expressive verbally and can tell a story with a great deal of passion, and animation.
• You would rather avoid confrontation, but will fiercely defend yourself and loved ones when necessary.
WOLF Dream Visits (not found in Dr. Farmer’s Book)
• To see a white wolf in your dream signifies valor and victory. You have the ability to see the light even in your darkest hours.
• To see a black wolf in your dream represents your shadow. There are characteristics of the wolf that you are refusing to acknowledge or incorporate into your Self.
• To hear a wolf howling in your dream represents a cry for help from somebody in your waking life.