Energizing the chakras can be accomplished with a simple hands-on visualization technique found in The Complete Book of Color Healing by Lilian Verner-Bonds. The chakras are often described as a rotating wheel or vortex of energy. In the following exercise you may find it helpful to visualize them as such:
1. Close your eyes and visualize the color corresponding to the chakra you wish to enliven.
2. Place both hands over your eyes and visualize that particular color flowing into the palms of your hands and energizing them.
3. Now put both hands over the chakra area on the front of your body and visualize the color following into the body, directing the color through to the spinal chakra point. (See illustration)
4. Repeat the same procedure for any or all of the remaining chakras, usually for three minutes at a time, to align, restore, harmonize, and balance, as desired.
5. Remember, this simple exercise can be used to give an overall boost to the system, focus healing on a specific area of the body, or to strengthen the dimension of life associated with a particular chakra.