Movements for opening the Root Chakra involves the feet, legs, and hips. I have combined two simple exercises from the book Healing with The Energy of the Chakras by Ambika Wauters. It is more fun and enjoyable doing the Root Chakra movements to music. It helps take away any sense of exercising.
1. Spread your feet about a foot apart.
2. Take a deep breath through the nose, rise up on your toes, bend the knees, then come down on heels. At the same time release your breath and let out a sound. I like to visualize my heels as roots going into the ground.
3. Repeat several times. Emphasis on the downward movements of the heels.
4. Next walk on your toes with your arms raised in the air. Shake your hips from side to side. Feel free to sway your arms with the music.
5. This exercise is grounding and allows energy to flow through you freely. ”Your soul is on the bottoms of your feet”, a quote by Gabrielle Roth, a modern American Shaman, dancer, and teacher.